Tuesday, October 27, 2009

It's A New Day

It may have started from hearing stories about the farmers who get up each day before the crack of dawn. Or, perhaps it was the commercial and the catch phrase, “we do more before breakfast then most people do all day.”

However it was that I got started, I too am a member of the early risers club. Although my work does not require me to leave the house each morning until just before eight, it is almost for certain that I am awake and out the door many hours before.

The early morning hours have become “my hours.” I feel as though I have the world to myself as I walk in the peace and quiet of what is both the end of the night, and the beginning of the new day.

During fall and winter, “my hours” are spent in the dark as I walk in the cold crisp air and enjoy the beauty of the night’s moon, and heavens still starlit display. I hear a question from my childhood as it echoes from within. “Did you see that?” Heard from afar, as the shooting star streaks across the sky and quickly fades away.

Come spring and summer, “my hours” are spent in the cool fresh air as I walk in wonder and watch the night turn to day. With beautiful clouds of blue, pink and gold, it is as if the sky is a canvass with a new painting each morn. I listen to the birds as they begin to wake, their morning songs adding sound to the new day.

As with the seasons of the year, our lives change as we walk along our way. It is with joy that I have found “my hours” and in doing so, see the beauty of each new day


All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment